Pano Venus, the next generation of video coding standard (the first-generation standard formulated by the Open Media Alliance AOM). Overcome the high complexity of AV1 and innovatively propose a variety of accelerated encoding algorithms. Greatly improve the encoding performance for live streaming.
Pano Venus has been optimized for algorithms, greatly reduced streaming latency on all platform devices. At the same time, under the same video quality, the required bandwidth of Pano Venus adopts the H.264 standard compared to the mainstream. The Bitrate of video drops by 40% to 70% on average. According to the different scenarios, Pano divides the use of streaming technologies into three levels: non-real-time high-definition and low-bitrate, quasi-real-time high-definition and low-bitrate, and real-time high-definition and low-bitrate. Pano Venus' breakthrough in real-time low-resolution HD technologies has accelerated the promotion of next-generation video streaming products such as 4K/8K, panoramic view, and VR.
Pano categorizes video high-definition and low-bitrate technology applications into three levels
non-real-time high-definition and low-bitrate
Video on demand
Applied to video-on-demand scenarios. There are no real-time requirements for coding, low delay requirements, and high requirements for picture quality and bandwidth.
Quasi-real-time high-definition and low-bitrate
Applied to Live video. It has high requirements for real-time coding and generally runs on a high-performance cloud server, which has high requirements for picture quality and bandwidth.
Real-time high-definition and low-bitrate
Real-time audio and video
Applied to Real-time audio and video.The requirement of encoding delay is very high, usually at the millisecond level. The performance of devices running the apps vaired a lot. It is very difficult to support low-performance devices, and it has high requirements on picture quality and bandwidth.
High image quality Low bandwidth High performance Low latency
Pano Venus makes full use of mobile phone performance. In real-time audio and video communication scenarios, Pano uses the lowest bandwidth to deliver ultra-low latency and ultra-high picture quality.
Pano Venus Advantages
H.264 coding engine
- The H.264 video compression standard published by ITU and IOS/IEC in 2003 is the most widely adopted, but has low coding efficiency.
- 720P@30fps requires bandwidth as low as 2100kbps
- Large bandwidth consumption, cause more network congestion, and more video freezes.
- Limited support for future UHD scenarios such as 4K/8K, Panorama, VR, etc.
- AV1 released by AOM in 2018, is an open, royalty-free, high efficiency video coding standard.
- 720P@30fps requires bandwidth as low as 600-1300kbps
- Low bandwidth consumption, case less network congestion, and smoother video.
- Facing the future, accelerate next-generation real-time video communication products such as 4K/8K, Panorama, VR, etc